01 June 2009

Game Park Trip!

June 1, 2009 13:21 (South Africa time)
I don't even know where to start. We've already done more than I would have imagined these past couple days! For now, I'm going to give you a short description of what we have done, and later I'll be posting pictures! The internet is insanely slow, so I'm pretty lucky to even have enough time to type an entry into my blog!

On Friday (5.29), after our NMMU campus tour, we were picked up by our shuttle and taken on a little city tour around Port Elizabeth. First, we were taken to the oldest building in the city called Fort Frederick. This building, located at the top of a hill, had an outstanding view of both the city in the ocean. It was just a small building, but the stories they had behind it just made it so much more interesting. For instance, they had an emptied out jail cell and a "powder house" that was used to store the gun powder. Also still intact, were original canons that were used to shoot into the ocean during the time of war. I can't quite remember everything at the top of my head, so I'll just move on to the next thing we did.

Later that afternoon, we went to the Kragga Komma Gaming Park (animal reserve). Honestly, there is really no way I can type about how amazing this was. I felt like I was in a movie. The jeep-like car we were in was just like the one you ride in at the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland! I think this one might have been a little rougher though. This one was about two hours long, and went through so much land! It just took my breath away seeing all these animals in their natural habitat. This was the first time I was able to see the sunset we all see in movies. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Man, my time is up! I really have to cut this short!

Until next time,

Alvin

No comments:

Post a Comment