19 June 2009

Picture Perfect!

Kings vs. Lions Rugby Game at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium: This game was a blast! We met so many people, had great seats and cheap drinks! What more can I ask for?
British and Irish fans are crazy! I took this just after the game as we were walking back to our transport. Even the atmosphere outside of the stadium was awesome!
Just hanging out with some lions. No big deal! This was taken at the Seaview Lion and Game Park. I must admit, one of the best experiences of my life.
My buddy Anathi during homework club. He was a bit shy at first, but eventually came around. His dream is to one day be an artist!
Masifundi Homework Club, Walmer Township: This is where we do some of our community service for our Service Learning Course! I love it!

Having a beer with some of my travelmates!
This is a Giraffe at the Kragga Komma Game Park. We saw so many animals, it was mind boggling! I'll post more up when I get home!
CSUF Titans: Emily, Sarah, Kevin, Nick, Christine, Me, Marci and Andy
Sarah and Emily doing some partner yoga during our break from the hike!
A shot of me at the end of our killer tw0-day hike! Don't laugh at the socks! After the first day of the hike, my legs had so many scratches and rashes! I learned my lesson and put some long socks on!
Can you say, "King of the Jungle?" - enough said.
A shot of the amazing sky! Taken at the beach in front of my accomodations! I swear, the skies here are like a canvas, painted differently everyday!
One of the many amazing sunsets!
Group shot with Winni, Marnis, and Charlie Brown (dog). We spent the weekend at their farmhouse, which was about three-hours from where we stayed. They were such great hosts!
A visit to the African Instrument Factory in Gramstown! Beautiful music! I loved it when they played some songs from the Lion King and Red Red Wine!
This photo was taken at a the New Brighton Township just outside of Port Elizabeth. Unfortunately, there are thousands and thousands of people who live in places just like this. I can't even describe my experiences walking though it.

As we were walking through the township, many people would come out of their homes to see what's going on. They wanted to get a glance at these foreigners. This little girl in particular caught my attention. She's holding a little boy I'm assuming is her brother. Who knows?

One thing that stood out in the township was the happiness of many children. They would come up to us, eager to get a picture taken, sing us songs, and give us high fives! Despite their horrible living conditions, kids will be kids!

If I remember correctly, this mean life and love. This little boy was pretty awesome!



Again, this trip as been a blast! We've done so much these past three weeks and have much more planned! We're headed to Tsitsicama to Bungee Jump the highest jump in the world, Jefferey's Bay for the day, six days in Cape Town, then a weekend at the Grahamstown Arts Festival! I wish all of you were here to experience this with me!

Until next time,
Alvin


8 comments:

  1. VINO!!! I'm so excited that you had a chance to post these pics..they just made my day :-) It sounds (and looks) like you are having a fantastic time. I wish I was there with you experiencing every crazy thing--sitting with the lions, bungee jumping, yikes! but I'm counting down the days til you get back..miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture is worth a thousand words and you just wrote a novel with this post! Amazing Alvin, truly awesome! I'm so happy that you got to have this experience. Have fun with the weeks left :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im speechless. Im pretty sure thats a good thing. =] miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Alvin! (papa can take incredible pictures!! SKILLS!!) Seriously though it has been wonderful experiencing Africa though your lens. Thank you for taking the time, energy and PATIENCE to make vino on a voyage so interesting to read--the pictures do speak for themselves, INCREDIBLE! My favorites are the ones of the children-especially the one of the little boy holding up his fingers=LIFE AND LOVE yup that pretty much sums it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are simply amazing Alvin!!! I can't wait to see more. I hope we can get together when you get back and catch up on sooo many things!!!

    Have an incredible time!!!
    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAAlllvviinnnnn...... Wow!There is no need for words to feel what those pictures describe what you are experiencing! I am glad you are enjoying yourself! Take it all in and live it!Can't wait to see all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you have a blog! Your trip looks amazing and you have some great pictures! I can't wait to read your next post!
    -Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hakuna Matata!

    So your Anaheim Achieves experience is coming in handy on the other side of the globe....such an awsome experience for such an awsome person.

    Cheers my friend, revel in all your experiences.
    Mayra Muñiz

    ReplyDelete